If I could change one thing that happened this last year, it would be the computer troubles we had at the beginning of our time in France. We arrived April 29, and discovered that our laptop had kicked the bucket at some point during our flights. We wound up being without a computer for the entire month of May.
Because of this, we completely missed out on sharing our first impressions of life in France with all of our friends. By the time we had computer access again and were able to get an update out, life here was already starting to become the new normal for us. And that really bugged me. I felt like circumstances (or spiritual opposition, or something) stole our opportunity to keep in touch and share our experiences with all of the wonderful people who have made it possible for us to be here.
So, over the next few weeks, I'm going to work on a series of our "second impressions" from the last 7 months in France. I'll to do my best to remember the things that were surprising or interesting to us. I hope it gives you a better window into our lives the last 8 months and a fun look at life in a country other than the US. And I hope you enjoy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment