Lest anyone think I'm being a bit narcissistic, let me set the record straight from the beginning: the "Life" mentioned in my blog title isn't technically MY life. Not that there aren't any interesting things happening around here; there are plenty. But the Life I'm talking about is a bit bigger than just me.
Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly" (John 10:10). Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). The Bible is full of references to a New Life that followers of Christ can live--and we're supposed to live it together, in community. In other words, we're to share what God has given us with one another and help each other along the way.
Even if the things I share here come from the context of my daily life, I don't want you to come away from my blog thinking how great a person I am, or how much fun we all must be having in France or Africa, or even how cute my kids are. None of those things are bad in themselves, but if that's all you see here, then I've missed my mark.
But if the Life that God has placed inside me comes shining through, and you come away from your moment here with a clearer view of God or a new reason to praise His name...then that, my friends, is A Life Worth Sharing.
No comments:
Post a Comment